Mayan Hands Foundation respects the privacy of all donors. We believe in safeguarding personal donor information. Donor names, addresses and any other personal information provided will be used only by Mayan Hands to inform donors and prospects of activities including program updates and outcomes, special events, and funding requests. If at any time a donor chooses not to receive these communications, the individual can remove their name from our mailing list by contacting the Mayan Hands office.
Here are the types of donor information that we collect and maintain:
- Contact information: name, organization/company, complete address, phone number, email address
- Donation information: amounts donated, date of donation(s), and method
- Information concerning hours you have volunteered
- Your requests and comments
- Non-personally identifiable information, such as how many hits each Mayan Hands website page receives, and if the visitor is repeat or new. This requires that a ‘cookie’ be sent to your web browser.
How Information is Used
- Mayan Hands Foundation uses your data to maintain records of donations, send acknowledgements, mail year-end tax statements to you, send newsletters, notices and direct mail pieces, and for internal marketing purposes.
- We normally add you to our mailing list, unless you request otherwise. Our third-party mailing service is contractually obligated to treat the lists with confidentiality and is prohibited from transferring them elsewhere.
- Mayan Hands Foundation publishes a list of the names of donors in an annual report which is available on our website. Donors can choose to remain anonymous and will not be published in this report.
- Credit card numbers are NOT retained once processed. Our website has a SSL certificate. Donations over 2% of our entire budget must be reported on IRS Form 990, Schedule B.
No Sharing of Personal Information
Mayan Hands Foundation will not sell, rent, trade or transfer your personal information to outside organizations. Donor information is maintained in a secured database, and shared with staff, board members, volunteers and consultants only on a confidential and need-to-know basis
Removing Your Name From Our Mailing List
Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our mailing list. Email email@example.com or call us at (518) 729-1900.
The Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, Mayan Hands adheres to the Donor Bill of Rights.